Sunday, October 6, 2013

Truly Grateful Fall Project Series

As a special series in October, I will be focusing on one stamp set and showing a variety of ways to combine the stamps with limited supplies to create cards and home décor items.

The stamp set used in these projects is Truly Grateful which is featured in the current Stampin' Up Holiday Catalog.

Since yesterday was World Card Making Day, my first project is a card.  This really showcases my stamping style.  I like to use all the stamps in a set to get the most of my sets.  I stamped the round tree layer on Crumb Cake to create my background paper.  The acorns were stamped on a strip of Crushed Curry.  The sentiment was stamped on the second largest Chalk Talk Framelit that was actually cut twice to create this "custom" shape.  Linen Thread was wrapped around the Burlap Ribbon and tied with a button.  The Chocolate Chip tag was embossed using the Chevron Embossing Folder.
 
 
  
Hope you enjoy this project.  Check back next Sunday for my next project.
 
All items Stampin' Up unless noted

Stamp: Truly Grateful
Paper:  Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso
Other:  Chalk Talk Framelits, Burlap Ribbon, Linen Thread, Chevron Embossing Folder, Naturals Designer Buttons

1 comment:

  1. Hola!
    Love your style and the idea of using all the stamps in a set to get the most out of them. I hadn't considered this set until I saw this card ... so now there is another set on my wish list. Great job!

    ReplyDelete